Author Topic: error parsing  (Read 8406 times)

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 288
Re: error parsing
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 01:11:53 am »
I wonder if compile.e still contains '.process' e.g. used in clear_pbuffer(). But maybe that's outdated. HS2

Edit: Just a hint:
Try to avoid writing this kind of low level macros strongly relying on implementation details.
They are subject to break on the next major release(s) even if you get it right w/o any side effects.
But you can assume that hi-level stuff like project build tools can still be executed in the future.
No chance to use this facility ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:22:00 am by hs2 »

also

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 02:43:25 am »
@HS2
The actual situation is like that:
We have a lot of mask_templates in the database which hold path/filename:linenumber of different files.
This data are indexed in the db by kernelversion,hardware,etc.
You can fetch desired template from db, parse it with slickedit and you have all files you need, even with the correct linenumber, read into buffer.
So you can very well organize this hugh amount of files in an easy but very effective way.
I already read the data from db, but now I stay with this buffer in memory in front of a locked door.
If you mean, I should avoid this writings, it is possible to write this buffer into a file and 'type' it into build buffer.
This is not a really great solution, but it would do the job.
All other problems are solved, 7 different compilers are implemented, slickedit works very well.
Just two guys were mourning, but they are a little bit strange anyway ..

also

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 288
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:33 am »
@also: Glad to hear that you're alive and kicking :)
The remark concerning low level macros along with patching stock macros is just an advise.
Doing so might increase the effort (merge of your modification, retest macros) when upgrading.
I know that it's tempting to tailor a lot of stuff b/c it's possible, but it really depends...
However, in your case it seems worth the effort to make your build system running smoothly as it should.
So a bit rev.engineering of compile.e, error.e and maybe others should help to get it working.
It could be good idea to ask the SE support for assistance. Assuming a (recommended) maintenance contract of course.

Good luck,
HS2