Author Topic: Multiple search tabs  (Read 6700 times)

rbgregory

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Multiple search tabs
« on: October 16, 2006, 07:01:34 pm »
Is it possible to have multiple search tabs, or will this be added in the near future?
Thanks.

jbezem

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
Re: Multiple search tabs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:02 am »
In SE 11.x you have multiple options not present before version 11.x:
- you can have multiple results-windows
- you can send your search results to a 'real' window
- you can open multiple result windwos in the toolbar view without initiating a search first.
So, yes, it is possible with the newest version 11.x. I just have some problems getting rid of search tabs once they're open but no longer needed...

HTH,

Johan

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 313
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 11:51:35 am »

To rbgregory -  if you didn't find it already, on the find/replace dialog, select "new" on the drop down list labelled "search results window".

Johan - why do you have problems getting rid of search results tabs ??

Graeme

jbezem

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 02:14:27 pm »
If I create new search tabs by selecting new in the find dialog, or right-clicking on the one available search tab and again selecting new, I can right click the second tab and select hide, but I still see the tab when right-clicking the single visible tab and selecting open, or in the drop-down list in the find dialog.

I once had about 28 search windows open (there seems to be a limit of 32), and the find dialog had a drop-down with scrollbar(!), making it tedious to select the correct tab. I wanted to close some 26 of them, but couldn't find a way. Hiding these tabs makes them disappear from the GUI, but not from the drop-down in the find dialog.

Hey, I can live with that, but it might be I'm overlooking something...

Thanks,

Johan

at5dapa1

• Hero Points: 18
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:47:06 pm »
Here’s my "Close Tab" menu. I tested it for 11.0.2 only! The "hidden" tabs will be visible in the Open submenu, while "closed" tabs will not!

1. Modify C:\Program Files\SlickEdit\macros\tbsearch.e, like attachment.
Then menu: Macro -> Unload Module -> "tbsearch.ex".
Then menu: Macro -> Load Module -> "tbsearch.e".
You’ll get a message box with a warning that "control ’_findtabs’ not exists ... ". Just click OK.

BTW, the limit of max 32 search buffers is also in this tbsearch.e at the line: int def_max_search_results_buffers = 32;
I didn’t try to increase it.

2. Now menu: Macro -> Menus... -> "_tbsearch_menu"
At the end, press Next and add the data:
- Caption = Close Tab
- Command = search_tab_menu myclosetab
Take care, to not modify the position of the "Open" menu, else you’ll get errors in _search_tab.rbutton_up().
The new _tbsearch_menu  menu will be stored into "<your My Documents>\My SlickEdit Config\11.0.2\vusrs11g.e", and should be updated immediately.

Hope will work for you. You can "close" a search tab now by double-clicking it or from its rigth-click menu.

hs2

• Hero Points: 288
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 04:18:01 pm »
Good work at5dapa1 - this is indeed worth a hero point !

HS2

BTW: The code causing the warning can be savely commented. IMO it's a copy'n paste bug.
tbsearch.e
Code: [Select]
// void _tbfind_form.'C-TAB','C-S-TAB'()
// {
//    _findtabs.call_event(_findtabs.p_eventtab2, last_event(), 'e');
// }
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:41:40 pm by hs2 »