Author Topic: Can't use hotkey to find function in project  (Read 4254 times)

manchoo100

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Can't use hotkey to find function in project
« on: October 18, 2006, 02:14:25 PM »
I have a problem that other people using slick edit in my company have also experienced. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure it out for anything.

I can't use Ctrl + . to find the dec/def of a function. I get the error:
<function name> not found. You may want to rebuild the tag file...

However I can use "find in files", select <project>, and then look for "function function name(". So I know the files are included in the project correctly. I have this problem in both version 9 and 11. I have also tried rebuilding the tag file and nothing seems to work.

The project type is "None" but it is a PHP project. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot guys.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:32:14 PM by manchoo100 »

manchoo100

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Can't use hotkey to find function in project
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 08:21:36 PM »
I created a "test" project to demonstrate the problem. I will clarify some exact details:

1. I create a new project of type "none"
2. I enter the following details:
        Project Name: Test Project
3. I answer OK, and don't immediately add anything to the project.
4. In the Projects pane I right click on the Source Files folder and go to Folder Properties.
5. I add ;*.php to the filters to make sure that PHP files are added to the Source Files folder.
6. I Right Click on Test Project.vpj in the Projects pane. I select Add Files.
7. From the Add Files dialog box I select Add Tree.
8. I navigate to c:\path\sample project (This is where I have the sample files stored)
    The directory structure is: file1.php, file2.php,  lib\file3.php

file1.php calls three functions: test_func(), test_func2(), test_func3()
    test_func() is defined in file1.php,  test_func2() is defined in file2.php, test_func3() is defined in lib\file3.php 

9. I click OK and the 3 files are added to the project under the Source Files folder   
10. If I open file1.php and use Ctrl + Dot with test_func() selected it will find the function def within the file. However, if I use Ctrl + Dot with test_func2() or test_func3() selected, the error message displayed is:
    "Tag 'test_func2' not found. You may want to rebuild the tag file.

Hopefully these details will assist you in telling me what I'm doing incorrectly. I'm doubtful that something so obvious is a bug in such a widely used program. The contents of the three files are as follows:

file1.php
test_func();

test_func2();

test_func3();

function test_func()
{
    echo "func 1";
}

test2.php

//This is file 2!

function test_func2()
{