Author Topic: Showing details in Multi-File Diff  (Read 2504 times)

RG_Basser

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Showing details in Multi-File Diff
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:53 am »
Hi,
I need more information from DiffZilla while doing a multi-file diff. DiffZilla only shows the different files, but I need a detailed overview of the differences inside the files. I discovered that pushing the refresh button and rediffing not only modified files again leeds to that information. But only for the first file of a subdirectory. If there are more than one file in subdirectory the other ones are shown as before (only the filenames).

Is there a possibility to expand the details of all files?

Thanx for any help.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 141
Re: Showing details in Multi-File Diff
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:19:53 pm »
I am not sure what information you are looking for.  Can you elaborate?

RG_Basser

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:51:10 pm »
Hi Dan,

as you can see in my attached image there are some files (for example EmptyPm.profile --> .profiles are xml files) in subdirectories showing diff details:
Code: [Select]
graphic(version="1"...)
These files can be expanded or collapsed. Also in subdirectory
2x5_Button_Block
the first file can be expanded or collapsed (and has the same differences). But the following files in this subdirectory (which have absolutely sure the same differences) don't show details and can't be expanded/collapsed ???

Any idea?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 141
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:55:14 pm »
When you expand a file in the multi-file diff, you will see the tag differences inside the file.  This will work for files that we support tagging for, which means you will get some results for XML, but I do not think we tag .profile files.  You can click Diff to compare the entire files.

RG_Basser

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 08:02:48 am »
OK Dan, that's clear but our .profile files are xml files (we assigned the type .profile to xml)! And as you can see in my posted image always only the first file of a directory is expanded. But all others are the same type and have the same contents  :-\