Author Topic: A couple of questions for slickedit V11  (Read 4732 times)

barrem23

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
A couple of questions for slickedit V11
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:05:20 PM »
In older versions the file filter option would allow you to use things like this xyz* to put all things that started with xyz into a folder.  The newer version seems to only allow *.c, *.h etc. is this true? 

Also is it possible to set the font size of the search window to be different than the main window?

thanks,

Mike
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:16:11 PM by barrem23 »

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: A couple of questions for slickedit V11
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:50:53 AM »

In older versions the file filter option would allow you to use things like this xyz* to put all things that started with xyz into a folder.  The newer version seems to only allow *.c, *.h etc. is this true?

Are you referring to the file manager here?

Also is it possible to set the font size of the search window to be different than the main window?

I would like to be able to do this too (and for the output window), but I was told by SlickEdit support a couple of years ago that this wasn't easily possible.  Perhaps you could submit a feature request for it. 

If you send the output to an editor window, I vaguely recall there's some trick way of temporarily setting the font of one editor window different to others but I forget what it is.

Graeme

barrem23

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:26:08 PM »
I am referring to the project window

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:17:25 PM »
Try right clicking on the folder > Folder Properties > and edit the filter.  Is this what you are referring to?

barrem23

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:19:33 PM »
That is what I am refering to.  It seems now the only filter options have to be in *.c; *.h etc format.  I used to be able to do xyz* but not anymore.