Author Topic: Switching between VS2008 sln problem  (Read 2329 times)

pvonkaenel

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Switching between VS2008 sln problem
« on: April 29, 2010, 02:02:05 pm »
Hi all,

I've been seeing this for a while (14.0.2) and I thought it was something I had messed up in my SlickConfig.  So when SE 15 came out I started from a fresh config, but I'm still getting this weird problem:

1) Open a VS2008 solution in SE.
2) Build it.
3) Switch to another VS2008 solution in SE.
4) Build it.
* I get an error at vsbuild does not exist in the path.

When I check the path, the VS directory is no longer in it.  If I exit the build window and reopen it, I can build.  Has anyone else seen this?  I do not have the VS2008 bin in the path, so I assume that SE puts it there when a solution is loaded.  Is there something in the workspace or project file I need to change to be able to switch between solution without having to exit and reopen the build window?

Thanks,
Peter

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Switching between VS2008 sln problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 03:50:54 pm »
Not sure, I couldn't reproduce that one here on a stock 14.0.2 and 15.0.0 release.  How are you switching solutions? Could you post the contents of the Build window when you switch and build for both solutions?

pvonkaenel

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:04:36 pm »
Well that's wierd, now it's working.  I don't think this should have fixed it, but I just installed an upgrade to the Intel compiler.  If I see it again, I'll upload the build window contents.

Peter

pvonkaenel

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 07:12:00 pm »
I just verified that the latest version of the Intel C++ Pro fixed the problem.  It must have started with the previous release.

Peter