Author Topic: SE2010 on MAC  (Read 3071 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
SE2010 on MAC
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:18:01 pm »
Using SE2010 on MAC (15.0.0.5 with hotfix rev 1, about window output pasted below).

I like some of the MAC changes and I sure hope the next major version is MAC native! So far the cut/paste buffer changes have saved me a lot of time...

1) When I go to my project-properties tab and click on 'add files', SE brings up a finder window. This is fine except that the path of the files from finder is different than the path from add tree. My home directory contains a link xyz->/net/host/.../xyz.  When I add files using add path, the files have a path of 'xyz/myfiles.c'. When I add files using finder, the files have a path of '/net/host/.../xyz/myfiles.c'.  This causes confusion. In addition, it doesn't seem that the add files using finder filters out the files that are already added. I'm not sure if this is because of the path or because of finder.

Is there a way to change the 'add files' to use something other than finder or to get the path from finder correctly?

2) When I installed SE2010, it didn't inherit my font changes. Kind of annoying and I thought that was fixed along the way with SE2009.

Thanks for any help out there!

SlickEdit Version 15.0.0.5

Serial number: xxxxx
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: /Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/15/slickedit.lic

Build Date: April 26, 2010
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 10.6.3

X Server Vendor: The X.Org Foundation
Memory: 38% Load, 1138MB/2963MB Virtual
Shell Info: /Applications/SlickEditV1500.app/Contents/MacOS/secsh -i
Screen Size: 3520 x 1200

Project Type: cpp
Language: .c (C/C++)

Installation Directory: /Applications/SlickEditV1500.app/Contents/
Configuration Directory: /Users/russ/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/15.0.0/
Spill File: /tmp/$slk.russ.1088

Hotfixes:
/Users/russ/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/15.0.0/hotfixes/hotfix_se1500_cumulative.zip (Revision: 1)

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: SE2010 on MAC
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:25:09 pm »
The "skip already added files" filtering has not yet been retrofitted into the "Add Files" implementation. But they should be ignored if you try to add a file that is already defined as part of the project.

And yes, the native version of the Open dialog is going to translate those symlinked paths into the full paths. If the full path shares a common mount point with the project, it'll be translated into a relative path. But in this case, the mount is different, so it's using the full translated path. I'll look into having a "don't translate symlinks" option in the next revision.

What problem did you have with your font changes? Did it not migrate your preferences?

And if you like the improved copy/paste, try out the text drag-drop onto the Dock icon, or the new entries in the Services menu.

rajkej

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:21:11 pm »
I'll look into having a "don't translate symlinks" option in the next revision.

Thanks for the reply!

I'd say you have at least two choices. You can add the don't translate symlinks function or you can make the other windows consistent by using finder in them too. i.e. change the 'add tree' and other buttons to use the finder somehow. Or make the other windows translate the symlinks. I could care less if the full path was used or not, I just want them to be consistent. Without the consistency, the file can be added twice (once at ./xyz and the other time at /net/xyz).

What problem did you have with your font changes? Did it not migrate your preferences?

My font changes were not migrated.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 35
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:27:29 pm »
I did find a bug with migrating font changes.  In some cases, the font choice for Dialogs was not migrated.  Was this the only font migration issue you saw, or were other font settings lost in upgrade?

rajkej

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:10 pm »
None of my font changes made it through from SE2009 14.0.2 to SE2010 15.0.0.5. This is on the MAC platform.  The fonts I have set are below. I don't recall which weren't migrated but I did have to set each of the adobe-courier ones manually for sure.

_default_font(CFG_CMDLINE,'Courier 10 Pitch,10,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_SBCS_DBCS_SOURCE_WINDOW,'adobe-courier,12,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_HEX_SOURCE_WINDOW,'adobe-courier,12,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_UNICODE_SOURCE_WINDOW,'adobe-courier,12,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_MESSAGE,'Default Dialog Font,10,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_STATUS,'Courier 10 Pitch,10,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_MENU,'Lucida Grande,9,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_DIALOG,'Lucida Grande,9,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_MDICHILDICON,'Lucida Grande,9,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_MDICHILDTITLE,'Lucida Grande,9,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_FUNCTION_HELP,'Default Dialog Font,9,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_FUNCTION_HELP_FIXED,'Default Fixed Font,12,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_FILE_MANAGER_WINDOW,'Courier 10 Pitch,10,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_DIFF_EDITOR_WINDOW,'adobe-courier,12,0,1,');
  _default_font(CFG_MINIHTML_PROPORTIONAL,'Times New Roman,12,0,1,');

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 35
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:25:11 pm »
Hrm.  Well, I'm puzzled, then.  I haven't seen that problem in my testing.  Do you still have your v14.0.2 config lying around?  If so, could you get the fonts out of it by either attaching vunxdefs.e or finding the font section in that file and posting it here?

rajkej

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:19:54 pm »
Here's the 14.0.2 vunixdefs.e from Library/ApplicationSupport/SlickEdit/14.0.2. It's still dated before I did the update on my filesystem so it should be what SE2010 used. I happened to check and I have a vunxdefs.ex that is 9 months older in the same directory. Could that be part of the issue somehow?