Author Topic: [GDB] Unable to suspend and resume gdbserver connection  (Read 5964 times)

ivan1979

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
[GDB] Unable to suspend and resume gdbserver connection
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »
Hi Sirs,

Slickedit 2010 v.15  with Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, i'm trying to debug a embedded app with a ARM target and i use gdberver 7.0.1 and GDB slickedit remote debugging,

I'm able to connect to target and run application but the problem is that when i try to suspend debug (for instance to set a breakpoint, inspect a variable, ...) i cannot anymore to resume connection with target...:

- side target shows msg; input_interrupt count=1 ...
- and GDB log:
Interrupted while waiting for the program.
Give up (and stop debugging it)? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
stop

Note: I'm trying codeblocks too and it works fine.

Thanks for your help
Ivan
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:53:41 PM by ivan1979 »

ivan1979

Re: [GDB] Unable to suspend and resume gdbserver connection
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »
No news by Slickedit team?

David_O

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
Your set-up is, unfortunately, difficult for us to duplicate.  We don't write embedded apps for ARM targets and so have not been able to reproduce your problem.

What are you setting under Debug > Attach Debugger > Attach to Remote Process... > Remote options tab?  Have you made any gdb configuration changes?

Thank you,

lambertia

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
  • I have nothing sufficiently witty to say.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »
Your set-up is, unfortunately, difficult for us to duplicate.  We don't write embedded apps for ARM targets and so have not been able to reproduce your problem.

What are you setting under Debug > Attach Debugger > Attach to Remote Process... > Remote options tab?  Have you made any gdb configuration changes?

Thank you,

Hi David.

I have noticed similar problems when remote debugging to a process on the same host. Note, not attaching to a process but remote debugging. Do you notice anything weird when you try that?

Cheers,
--
Greg.

ivan1979

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:59:36 AM »
Hi David,
thanks for your response.
I connect via TCP with embedded ARM host and use gdb and gdbserver 7.0.1 compiled for arm arch.
My set-up in enclosed images files.
Also a my colleague are developing an embedded app with a PowerPC micro and has same my problem.

Thanks for your help
Ivan