Author Topic: How to get correct macro value to display on mouse over?  (Read 2815 times)

shaunp

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
How to get correct macro value to display on mouse over?
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Hi all,

When I hover my mouse over a macro, a small window pops up and shows the macro definition.  But when the macro has different definitions across multiple files SE sometimes shows the wrong macro definition.  For example, if I have #define STATUS int in foo.h and #define STATUS 42 in bar.h, I can hover over STATUS in baz.c and see bar.h's definition even though foo.h's definition is used during builds.   How can I tell SE to show the correct macro value?

Thanks,
Shaun

hp

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: How to get correct macro value to display on mouse over?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:10:50 AM »
Oh yes, that one bothers me too. I'd also be interested in a solution for this. There are two things that I would like to see actually:

1. that it checks the includes to determine which of the defines is the one to use
2. that you can enter defines on project level. I'm using a makefile which also contains some defines, and it would be nice if SE could also use these to build the tagfile.

The same goes for variables which are different for different compiler switches...