Author Topic: General Options No EXIT button and Close does not work  (Read 2694 times)

iamaryan

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
General Options No EXIT button and Close does not work
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:04:50 pm »
I have UNIX SlickEdit Version 12.0.3.0 installed.  When I click Options/General, there is no EXIT button and the CLOSE option in the upper left hand corner does not work.  Hence, I cannot close out of the General Options window.  I have somehow untoggled my File Tabs which used to show all of my files opened at the bottom of my editor window.  I thought if I went to General Options, maybe I could set them to show up again.  But the General Options window has no OK button, nor EXIT button.  Any one know what's up?

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 337
Re: General Options No EXIT button and Close does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:33:18 pm »
You should be able to get the file tabs back with view -> toolbars -> file tabs.

I don't know about Unix but on Windows slick V12 there is no close button in the top left corner.  When did the problem with the general options dialog start happening? 

Maybe the vslick.stu file in your configuration folder has been corrupted.  Try running slick with a brand new configuration folder by using the -sc some-empty-folder switch when you invoke slick and see if the general options dialog works.  If it does, with slick closed, back up your configuration folder and delete vslick.stu, then run slick.  If that doesn't fix the problem, you could maybe try deleting vusrobjs.e as well or else maybe re-install slick.

Graeme