Author Topic: ToDo List Toolbar (Updated for SE2022)  (Read 81798 times)

china_sundasheng

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: ToDo List Toolbar
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »
In v17, the BMP files have changed to ICO, so modifing bmp to ico in todo.e is ok.

ehab

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 15
  • coding with SE is like playing music
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
on SlickEdit 2012 (v17.0.2.0 64-bit) with hotfix_se1702_3_cumulative.zip (Revision: 3)

i had to change
Code: [Select]
_tbShow(_TBTODO, 200, 200, 3000, 6000);to
_tbShowDocked(_TBTODO);
so it will be docked every time i start SE since thats how i have todo window, otherwise it will keep showing up.

bremenpl

• Community Member
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 01:40:16 PM »
Hello,
I have also tested this using version 18.0.1 and it seems to be working. I have a question though- Is it possible to run ToDo_GenerateList() everytime slickedit is opened?

china_sundasheng

• Community Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 01:20:27 AM »
Adding this func. When workspace is opened, it can scan automatically.
void _workspace_opened_GenTodoList()
{
  ToDo_UpdateList();
}

Shelku

• Community Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »
Hi MartyL!

I just tried this macro in SE 2014 beta1, but I can't seem to view the TODO tool window. It doesn't show up in the Tool Windows list and I can't manually bring it up either. When I try to manually run "ToDo-GenerateList", I get a Slick-C Error for 'Invalid object handle" (file=todo.ex offset=365) from trying to render the results.

I know this is getting old now, but I'd appreciate it if you could update it for the new version of SE!

LBCEi

• Hero Points: 21
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »
I noticed the same issue.  An update would be much appreciated.

LBCEi

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:20 AM »
Has anyone been able to get this very useful macro/toolbar(toolwindow?) to work in V19 beta/RC?

This is one of my favorite utilities and I would hate to think that it is beyond repair for working with V19.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sandra contributed some useful help in getting this updated for a previous SE version update.  Could you take another look at this, Sandra?

I suspect it is something related to the major toolwindow/toolbar rework to allow for floating, etc.  (BTW - can someone point me to an explanation of the real differences between toolwindows and toolbars?)

Thanks

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
Has anyone been able to get this very useful macro/toolbar(toolwindow?) to work in V19 beta/RC?

This is one of my favorite utilities and I would hate to think that it is beyond repair for working with V19.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sandra contributed some useful help in getting this updated for a previous SE version update.  Could you take another look at this, Sandra?

I suspect it is something related to the major toolwindow/toolbar rework to allow for floating, etc.  (BTW - can someone point me to an explanation of the real differences between toolwindows and toolbars?)

Thanks

I'll have a look at it this coming weekend if no-one else does.  Can you tell me what this thing is all about?  Could you use one of the new floating windows with its own docked search results window and a "TODO" layout.  What does the TODO toolwindow give you?

LBCEi

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 02:03:30 AM »
Here are some screenshots from SE V18 where this macro works just fine.

It generates a toolwindow with a context menu (see Capture1) that allows you to set some options and then 'generate' the ToDo list.  This list shows up in the ToDo toolwindow in a by-file tree view (see Capture2) and, optionally, in the Message List (see Capture3).  You can then double-click to navigate to the source file where the ToDo comment appears (see Capture4).

I normally keep it docked at the bottom of my main window along with Search Results, Preview, Build, Message List, and Output.

Very handy.  Especially if you annotate your 'ToDo' comments to indicate what type of issue/change it refers to such as a temporary change due to testing a new feature.

The macro loads (apparently successfully) in V19 but the toolwindow never appears.

I haven't seen any posts from the original author of this macro in a couple of years.

Edit: BTW, I use another macro (CodeMarkup.e by chrisant, see this thread http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,3633.msg17197.html#msg17197) that highlights the 'ToDo' comments in the source code.  Also very nice.  This one works just fine in V19.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:09:16 AM by LBCEi »

Graeme

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
Is the latest version of todo.e the one that Sandra posted in this thread - in 2011?

If I can't get it working I'll ask slickedit support to help me - it should be easy for them...

The help file needs some information on how to create your own toolwindows.  I had some help from Rodney here who explained you need to call tw_register_form to register a toolwindow.
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,10236.msg43243.html#msg43243

BTW - the help file says toolbars have only command buttons and toolwindows have all kinds of stuff, more or less.

Graeme

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
Hi LBCEi
Can you try this please and let me know if anything isn't working correctly.

Shelku

• Community Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »
Hi LBCEi
Can you try this please and let me know if anything isn't working correctly.
Awesome! It looks like it works in both SE13 (v18.0.1.2 64-bit) and SE14 RC4 (v19.0.0.13 64-bit)! Thanks a lot Graeme!

Do you know if there's a way to have it automatically generate the ToDo list whenever a workspace/project is loaded?

LBCEi

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »
Thank you, Graeme!

Seems to work just fine.

Much appreciated.

HP++

Graeme

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 12:07:17 AM »

Do you know if there's a way to have it automatically generate the ToDo list whenever a workspace/project is loaded?

Add these functions.  You may not need the second function.

void _workspace_opened_todo_list()
{
   ToDo_GenerateList();
}

void _project_opened_todo_list()
{
   ToDo_GenerateList();
}

LBCEi

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 04:49:28 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that this macro no longer displays the descriptions for the TODO items in SE2015 and later?

I've attached example screenshots from SE2014 (19.02) and SE2016beta5.  Note that the screenshot from SE2014 shows descriptions for each of the TODO items that are extracted from the TODO comments in the source code, while the screenshot from SE2016beta15 only shows the line and column.  I tried in SE2015 (20.0.3) and it doesn't show the descriptions either.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.