Author Topic: Request: Error messages instead of dialogs  (Read 3386 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Request: Error messages instead of dialogs
« on: June 24, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Hello,
I often close SlickEdit with many files still open.  When SlickEdit restarts, it reloads the last-used workspace.  After selecting the workspace to open, I often switch away from SlickEdit, since I know it will take some time to load.
If the first file opened is an xml/xaml file that Slickedit has a problem with,  SlickEdit puts up a dialog blocking the loading of the workspace.  "Auto validate on open" is NOT checked.
Surely there must be a way to inform the user of the error w/o stopping the loading of the workspace to put up a modal dialog.

(This is particularly annoying since it is an error in SlickEdit's handling of the xaml, not an error in the xaml or the schema.  I reported this problem several months ago.)

SlickEdit Version 15.0.0.6    Build Date: May 07, 2010    Emulation: Vim
OS: Windows Vista    OS Version: 6.00.6002  Service Pack 2
Shell Info: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /q
Screen Size: 1280 x 1022
Project Type:
Language: .xaml (XML)
Hotfixes:
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\15.0.0\hotfixes\hotfix_se1500_7_cumulative.zip (Revision: 7)

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
Re: Request: Error messages instead of dialogs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
We have introduced a new kind of Notification in v15.0.1. This will be in addition to the Editing Notifications, which provide helpful information about what's going on in the editor.

Can you give me the text of the dialog so I can see which one it is, or post a screen shot. We have already moved some of our dialogs to use the new mechanism, but I need to verify that we've caught this one.

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
Re: Request: Error messages instead of dialogs
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »
Screenshot attached.  Thanks for the reply.