Author Topic: Hide those Alreayd-In-Project Files in "Add Files" List  (Read 4272 times)

dolswagle

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hide those Alreayd-In-Project Files in "Add Files" List
« on: June 11, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
It seems to be default in Slickedit V11, though I don't know if there's a setting to control it.

In current release of V15, when I try to add a new existing file to the project, all the files in the folder are listed, including those that are already in the project. Does anybody know how to hide them, so I can easily tell if there's a new file to add?

I just switched to V15 a couple of days ago and lost all my old settings of V11, otherwise I could try to import them.:(

Thanks

Mr68360

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: Hide those Already-In-Project Files in "Add Files" List
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 07:02:17 AM »
(withdrawn)

dolswagle

• Community Member
Re: Hide those Alreayd-In-Project Files in "Add Files" List
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »
Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks.

MartyL

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
  • Synergex
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
Hi dolswagle,

The default behavior in SlickEdit already does what you're looking for. I think the exception is when you have your files on a network drive, but I could be wrong even there. Could you elaborate a little bit on how your project and source files are setup in relation to your machine?

Thanks

dolswagle

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
Hi MartyL,

Sorry for bringing this up again after almost two months. ;)

I'm not using a network drive. All the source files and the project files themselves are on local.

Please check the attached snapshot, which I captured over a newly created test project.

I'd expect only newFile.cpp be listed in the "Add Source Files" dialogue because the other files are already in the projects.

P.S.
I have the hotfixes:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\My SlickEditConfig\15.0.1\hotfixes\hotfix_loader_se15013_3.zip (Revision: 3 )
C:\Users\Username\Documents\My SlickEditConfig\15.0.1\hotfixes\hotfix_se1501_8_cumulative.zip (Revision: 8 )

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:41:33 PM by dolswagle »

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »
We used to have this feature for windows but currently only support this for Unix and Mac. The new windows open dialog does not allow us to do this.

It is likely that in the future we will be writing a new open dialog for Unix and Mac which is better than what we currently have. When that happens, we could easily provide an option for windows users to use our open dialog instead of the built-in windows open dialog. This is an option I would definitely use.

I already set the macro variable def_use_xp_opendialog to 1 because the older xp-style built-in windows dialog supports SlickEdit directory aliases window is much more important to me than all the other new stuff.