Author Topic: macro variable documentation  (Read 3051 times)

witness9

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
macro variable documentation
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:18:47 pm »
I suspect the problem I'm witnessing is related to a macro variable but I can't find the documentation on them.  Can someone point me to it please?

The specific problem I'm seeing is this:
I can (usually) place my cursor on an Ada 'begin' statement and press the arrow key and (thanks to a well enforced indenting standard) scroll down to the corresponding 'end' statement.  I have never set anything to get this behavior since I started using SlickEdit at v6 or v7.  (I also have always set def_click_past_end to 0.)  However, some of my teammates find that the cursor jumps back and forth as they scroll down this way according to whether there is a blank line in the path.  Can someone tell me what controls this behavior?

Thanks!

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 438
Re: macro variable documentation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 10:06:54 pm »
Tools > Options > Redefine Common Keys, "Up/Down on text"

Also, you might want to try using "find_matching_paren" (Ctrl+] in CUA mode) to jump from the beginning of the block of code to the end.  I put a lot of work into that in 11.0 for Ada, and somebody had better be using it!!!   :)

witness9

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: macro variable documentation
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:26 pm »
Thanks Dennis!  We're still on v10 here, but I'm told there's a distribution package in work for v11.  (Unfortunately those things can take quite a long time here.  :'( )