Author Topic: How to UN-install trial version slickedit on Linux?  (Read 5493 times)

ahacali

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
How to UN-install trial version slickedit on Linux?
« on: October 31, 2006, 10:37:46 pm »
Hello,

I installed SlickEdit trial version on Linux.  I recently purchased a full (licensed) version.  Maybe I am not seeing the obvious, but how do I un-install the trial version, so I can install the full version?  (I was told to do this by the SE sales guy).

Regards,
Ahmed.

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
Re: How to UN-install trial version slickedit on Linux?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 10:55:18 pm »
You can simply remove the top level directory where the trial was installed.  It should be /opt/slickedit by default.

HTH,
Kohei

ahacali

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 11:19:03 pm »
Hello,

It would be really nice if there was a script called vsuninst  that did this, or atleat a note in the readme file.  Especially important to take care of this in trial version to make the out of box experience pleasant for users.

Just to confirm what you are saying, to un-install, I remove /opt/slickedit (which is my default install dir for the trial version).  and then install the full version. Right?

Regards,
Ahmed.

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:02 pm »
It would be really nice if there was a script called vsuninst  that did this, or atleat a note in the readme file.  Especially important to take care of this in trial version to make the out of box experience pleasant for users.

Sure.  Our Linux installer is admittedly not state of the art.  So, I agree, some work is needed in this area.

Just to confirm what you are saying, to un-install, I remove /opt/slickedit (which is my default install dir for the trial version).  and then install the full version. Right?

Yup.  You got it right.