Author Topic: auto quote error?  (Read 5754 times)

witness9

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
auto quote error?
« on: June 25, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
Typing a single quote in a macro file gives this error:

Procedure needs more arguments
AutoBracketListener.ex 1078 se.autobracket.AutoBracketListener.onKey(')   p_window_id: 136   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
AutoBracketListener.ex 1078 se.autobracket.AutoBracketListener.onKey(')   p_window_id: 136   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
cua.ex 5359 _on_key()   p_window_id: 136   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:

I had thought this related to a macro I once used giving a close quote each time a quote was entered.  I set out to unbind keyin-sgl-quote and keyin-dbl-quote, but I can't find them.

I admit I'm getting old, and I'm not adapting well to the new options interface.  Not that it isn't better, I just don't know where things are any more.  (And my current team has no time for tool-twiddling in the budget.)

Thanks for the help.

SlickEdit Version 15.0.0.6
OS Version: 5.01.2600  Service Pack 3

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: auto quote error?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »
Did you have a custom macros that auto-inserted closing quotes?  You should be able to unbind the commands in Options > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings, and use "Search by key sequence:" for " or ' keys.  I'm not sure what is causing the Slick-C stack, but if could post those custom macros here, I can try to figure out what caused the problem and try to prevent it in the future.

Auto-Close is a new editing feature for SlickEdit 2010 that handles insert closing punctuation for parens, quotes, square and angle brackets.  If you want to turn off this feature, it can be done per Language or for all Languages in Options > Languages > All Langauges (or specific language) > Auto-Close, Enable Auto-Close. 

witness9

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
Thanks.  I've just downloaded and tested it, with and without migrating from previous version.  I don't get the stack, just too many inserts of the quote characters.  Hopefully you've been able to find the settings that do what you want.  If you have any further issues, just let us know.

witness9

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 04:45:36 PM »
I disabled Auto-Close, but still have the error, or a similar one.
The Slic-C Error dialog says:
file=offset=0
Slick-C Stack just says:

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »
Is the mra_dblquote module still loaded?  You can try loading or unloading and reloading it see if that helps.  Something may have gone wrong migrating from the previous version.  You could delete the 15.0.0 configuration directory and try migrating again. Or delete the entire configuration (backing it up first just to be safe) and start with a fresh configuration.  This is the first report of something like this, so I'm not sure as to what the problem is.

witness9

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »
It was.  I removed it, but the effect is still there.

Looking at Key Bindings, I see auto-codehelp-key assignments for the single quote in a lot of languages.  Does this relate? Note: I don't see .e among the list.

I also get the effect for .txt files.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »
auto-codehelp-key is assigned to various keys in across several modes to trigger completion help.  That is the default normal setting.  I'm unable to reproduce this problem with the information given.  At this point, we usually recommend that you backup your existing configuration files and try starting with a fresh default config and state file.  There are tools in the Options form in versions 14 and 15 to export current settings to a zip file so that you can restore most of your settings from that.  If you have custom macros, I believe you will need to reload those.  But I would try those one at a time and test, just in case one of those are causing the issue.

witness9

• Community Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Thanks Lee.  My quote problem is fixed now.  However, my Ada coloring is gone (SlickC colors ok).
I tried tweaking colors and made it worse, so I restarted after deleting the config and state file again and decided to live with it til things cool down here.

Both times I did this, my vusermacs.e file was apparently appended twice to the end of the existing file.
// These macros imported on 6/29/2010.
// End imported macros.