Author Topic: Support for selective display for verilog/systemverilog  (Read 6916 times)

lom561

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Support for selective display for verilog/systemverilog
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
Does SlickEdit Core for Eclipse support code folding or selective display?   I did not see it work in my environment.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Support for selective display for verilog/systemverilog
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »
Yes, Display > Selective Display.  Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do that isn't working?

lom561

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »
I put the editor in selective display mode
DISPLAY->SelectiveDisplay

I was expecting to see +/- folds on the left display.  I was also expecting the always blocks to collapse.  It may be my ignorance in using this mode for verilog. If it is supported, how do I control what is folded and what is not?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:53:46 PM »
Ok...my mistake...apparently we don't have much support yet for Selective Display with Verilog/SystemVerilog.  Hiding code blocks (Display > Hide Code Block) will not work, as this has not yet been implemented :(.  These languages are relatively new to SlickEdit, so not all features are currently supported.

Display > Hide All Comments will work, and so will using the "Search text" feature on the Selective Display dialog...you can specify the text and search options in the Settings frame on that same dialog.

I am filing a feature request to fully support Selective Display for these languages.  Thanks for the inquiry.

- Ryan