Author Topic: Why does Command + tilde freeze slick edit on Mac OS X?  (Read 4317 times)

jcwatson11

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Why does Command + tilde freeze slick edit on Mac OS X?
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:35:45 pm »
I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4, and SlickEdit 15.0.0.6 for Mac, running in X11.

For all other programs that I know of, typing Command + ` (tilde) will switch between child windows inside that program.

When I do that inside slick edit, thinking I can switch between open files easily, the entire SlickEdit application freezes. I can't even click the X to close the SlickEdit window. I have to close X11 and then restart. This is really annoying when I have unsaved work and I forget I'm in a program that can't handle this simple sub-window switching task.

This bug was present in SlickEdit 14. I just upgraded to SlickEdit 15 and was hoping this bug would go away, but sadly, it hasn't.

Does anyone else know anything about this? Is there a work around? I'd be happy if I could just prevent SlickEdit from freezing, or if I knew of some way to recover from that freeze without loosing any work.

Hopeful for a solution,

Jon

dmw

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 15
Re: Why does Command + tilde freeze slick edit on Mac OS X?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:34:47 pm »
This is not a SlickEdit bug, but a bug in X11.  It's fixed in the latest build of xquartz.  Also, a work-around is to minimize all X11 windows (from the Window menu), and then restore them.  That will unfreeze the frozen windows.

jcwatson11

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Why does Command + tilde freeze slick edit on Mac OS X?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:48:55 pm »
Ahhh... That works! Thanks! Now I don't have to loose any work any more!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!