Author Topic: SE 2010 Version Control Setup  (Read 2750 times)

3JB

  • Guest
SE 2010 Version Control Setup
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:13:16 pm »
Hello,
I have been using SlickEdit 2010 for about 1.5 months, and it has been performing well.  Had been using 2006 or 2007 exclusively prior to upgrading.

Today, I tried to set up a new project for the first time with 2010.  Things went smoothly until I tried to set up version control with Perforce by right-clicking my project name in the project explorer and going to setup.  The "Project:" field (see attached screen shot) won't update, and therefore version control does not get set up correctly.

In another project, this has been working since installing 2010.  I tried to figure out what the settings were for this project, and now it is no longer working with Perforce, either!  I have reverted my .vpj file to its previous state, but even that does not fix it.

I installed the latest hotfix this morning as well.  I have SE version 15.0.0.6 with the hotfix_se1500_8_cumulative.zip hotfix.

Please help, this is very frustrating.

Dan

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2074
  • Hero Points: 101
Re: SE 2010 Version Control Setup
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:45:06 pm »
What version of Perforce are you using?

When you click "Open Project", this runs a Perforce dialog.  In some versions, rather than just selecting a depot or workspace, you have to expand it and select a file for their dialog to populate correctly, and then the project will be open when you return to the SlickEdit dialog.

3JB

  • Guest
Re: SE 2010 Version Control Setup
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 05:01:14 pm »
Perforce version: Perforce Visual Client/NTX86/2009.1/219330

Wow, that fixed it, thanks!

Our IT department must have updated Perforce, because I have never had to actually select a file before, just the path.

Thanks again.

Dan

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2074
  • Hero Points: 101
Re: SE 2010 Version Control Setup
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:02:56 pm »
I think they fixed this in the most recent version, so you might want to be sure they didn't update to a version that is already outdated.