Author Topic: Helios 64bit and OSX support plans?  (Read 6622 times)

photex

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Helios 64bit and OSX support plans?
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:28 PM »
Hi Folks,

Due to the JIRA/BAMBOO/FishEye/etc integrations available in eclipse it's become a very attractive IDE and I'm considering switching from standard Slickedit to Slickedit Core. I was bummed to find that I can't use Slickedit Core on my workstation at work (I have no control over whether I can use a 32bit or 64bit eclipse... 64bit is all I have). And even worse was that there is no Slickedit Core for OSX. So the whole idea is a bust at the moment because my two platforms are 64bit linux, and OSX.
I'd honestly prefer to just be able to integrate Jira into standalone Slickedit, and I'd rather the slickedit dev team spend more time making a native mac or qt version of the standard Slickedit than update Slickedit Core, however, since there is already a really nice Jira integration for Eclipse I figure it's probably more productive to give that a shot.

Is there any timeframe on 64bit Helios support for slickedit core? Are there any plans to support OSX for slickedit core?

Thanks

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Helios 64bit and OSX support plans?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 01:53:06 AM »
Hi there,

Thanks for the inquiry :).  64bit versions of SlickEdit and SlickEdit Core are high on our priority list now.  We don't like forcing people to install 32bit libraries on Linux to run SlickEdit, and forcing people to run SlickEdit Core with a 32bit JVM when they would much rather use a 64bit version.  I'm not sure what I can say about a time frame, but it is certainly high on our radar.

We don't currently have plans for a Mac version of SlickEdit Core for Eclipse :(.  However, that could change should we develop a native version of SlickEdit for Linux/Mac.  This one would almost certainly happen farther in the future than a 64bit plug-in.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Ryan

photex

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:44:54 AM »
Thanks Ryan. Looking forward to trying secore out once I can :) Will the extensive color, keybinding, and aliases that I have setup work the same in secore?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
Yep, that all works the same in the Eclipse plug-in as it does in the standalone product.

- Ryan