Author Topic: ant build window like Eclipses'  (Read 8088 times)

LongSteve

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
ant build window like Eclipses'
« on: July 04, 2006, 08:36:53 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Eclipse, but one feature it has that I really like is the ant window that displays the targets for your choosen build script as a tree view.  Building those targets is then a simple double click away.  SlickEdit has the Build->Execute Ant Target menu option, which does pretty much the same thing, but requires more mouse (trackball in my case) movement.

I've been wanting to implement a tree view window that shows the ant targets and allows building them.  Can anyone give me any pointers on where to start?  I've scanned the ant support macro files and I think ant_GetTargetList and ant_target_form might give me some clues.  It's the tree view I don't really understand however.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'll post anything I come up with.

Cheers,

Steve

pchandra

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: ant build window like Eclipses'
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
If you need help with the tree view, have a look at unittest.sh and unittest.e. Those macro files implement the integrated unit testing tool window for SlickEdit, which is largely comprised of tree controls. In particular, search for calls to "_Tree", as pretty much everything related to the tree view is done with functions that begin with "_Tree".