Author Topic: Slick-C Language Documentation Now Online!  (Read 11555 times)

Lisa

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
  • User-friendly geek-speak translator extraordinaire
Slick-C Language Documentation Now Online!
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:23:47 pm »
We briefly interrupt your programming to make this important announcement...

SlickEdit is pleased to introduce the new Product Documentation section of our Web site! From here, potential customers can download Getting Started Guides, User Guides, and more, to learn more details about our products before they decide to buy. This section will also eventually include more downloadable code samples and tutorials for existing customers. To visit the new Product Documentation pages, visit our homepage at www.slickedit.com, then from the menu, choose Support > Product Documentation.

We are always working to make our documentation better for our users. Ongoing goals include turning "how to use it" instructions into "how, WHY, and WHEN to use it" instructions, and providing more specific "use" scenarios. For future releases, we are looking into ways to provide searchable online Help and more frequent Help updates, with the ability to install the latest version of the Help from within the product. Stay tuned for these and more documentation improvements!

As always, comments and suggestions about our docs are greatly appreciated. Post them here in the forums or send e-mail to docs@slickedit.com.

...and now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

dmw

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 15
Re: Slick-C Language Documentation Now Online!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:55:03 pm »
All I've ever seen there is some text that says "Product documentation, coming soon."  I think we must have different ideas on the meaning of 'soon' ;)

artig

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:32:56 pm »
I was looking for the Slick-C documentation online before applying for a trial license. But I couldn't find it. On the home page there is no Support->Product documentation in the menu. Other documentation is online, but only found by following the link in Jason's post.

mfumbesi

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:59:27 am »
I'm looking for documentation on the BuiltIn Macros, specifically the _file_open/_file_read macros.
The _file_read macro only reads 1024 bytes, there is probable an option bit (somesort on the _file_open macro) that I can enable to increase this limitation.