Author Topic: Window Colors on OS X  (Read 4412 times)

btmrm

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Window Colors on OS X
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
Just bought the OS X version for an Android game project  :) Eclipse is ok for Java but I'm not a big fan of the CDT for the JNI/C++ side of it.

Is there a FAQ for *nix / OS X platform(s) that describes how to setup the xresource env necessary to change the window color from the default *wheat* to something else?

Also, just an FYI if you use a smaller notebook... those big configurations dialogs end up pushing the resize handles off the screen on a MacBook Pro 13. First step is to change the dialog font to something small and use the zoom options so you can see the Apply button... ;D

David_O

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
Re: Window Colors on OS X
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
The following two posts should answer this for you.  Let us know if they work for you.  Thank you.

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=4995.0
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=5686.0

btmrm

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »
Thanks much. Works great :)

Is there something I need to set to stop the active window from losing focus. It seems there are times where I'm typing along and all of a sudden the active window loses focus and my cursor goes from bar to block mode?

I am also having some troubles where a clipboard copy isn't retained across buffers when using the keyboard. For example,

command+c
esc
list-buffers
arrows to select a buffer
enter
command+v

nothing or not the most recent copied text is pasted

If I do the same thing completely with the mouse using the menus it works fine. Odd.

btmrm

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:15 PM »
Hmm... I haven't figured out the focus problem but the copy-paste problem is interesting. I have the CUA bindings and by default both Ctrl+C and Command+C are mapped to copy-to-clipboard. However, only Ctrl+C works.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
If Cmd+C is not performing a copy, then the most likely cause is that X11 is eating this key binding. Open up the X11 preferences pane, and on the first tab, make sure the "Enable key equivalents" is NOT checked.

And stay away (far away) from Cmd+` (backtick) to cycle through windows. This causes a real input focus problem on X11.

btmrm

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
Thanks. This helped my Command+C issues.

Now if I could only figure out the focus problems. It's becoming quite the obtrusive behavior due to the speed at which I tend to type/code.