Author Topic: Adding Project Dependencies Invalid Argument  (Read 5056 times)

12am

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Adding Project Dependencies Invalid Argument
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
I am using SlickEdit 12.0.3.0.  When I try to add dependencies (files) to a new project, I get an invalid argument error.  The trace dump that pops up is:

Invalid argument
project.ex 37972 static(13)   p_window_id: 13   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name: _project_form
project.ex 31193 static(1)   p_window_id: 233   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: _ok
project.ex 34006 static()   p_window_id: 233   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: _ok
project.ex 33752 _project_form._ok.\x{159a}()   p_window_id: 166   p_object: OI_SSTAB   p_name: _proj_prop_sstab

If anyone can shed some light on what is going on, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Adding Project Dependencies Invalid Argument
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 07:39:08 AM »
mmm, well this could be the result of corruption in your slickedit state file (vslick.sta or vslick.stu), corruption in your project file, corruption in your installation executables, corruption in your operating system or your computer's just having an off day.

I don't really know what you mean by add dependencies but if this is something that has worked before and has just started having a problem it is probably a problem with your state file.  Maybe you could try creating a second new project and see if you get the error.  If so, try creating a new configuration folder by invoking slick with the -sc switch  - i.e. when you start slickedit, use vs.exe -sc some-new-empty-folder.  Slick will then create a new configuration folder for you containing a new "virgin" state file (a copy of rescue.sta from the installation folder I believe).  Try creating a new project.  If the problem is gone you can either persist with the new configuration folder, or you can do the following
1. close slick and backup your configuration folder
2. delete vslick.sta from the configuration folder
3. restart slick.  It should create a new state file and try to keep your configuration settings.

BTW - the state file contains (amongst other things) a large amount of "p-code" which is executed by the slickedit interpreter.  Whenever you save your configuration settings, the state file gets rewritten so if part of memory has been corrupted, the state file might get some bad data written to it.

Graeme

Forgot to mention, if the name of the file you add to the project is //*, slickedit might crash completely  - at least V15.0.1 does if you call project_add_file with //* as the filename!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:53:25 AM by Graeme »

12am

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Adding Project Dependencies Invalid Argument
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
Thanks.  I tried your suggestion with a new environment and the error does not appear.  I'm not sure how my files were corrupted. 

I have edited the vrestore.slk file, to remove search paths from the file grep, but not sure if that caused a problem or not.

Now I need to go back and see what I need to add to put back my configuration as I want it.