Author Topic: PHP Tag Files  (Read 1847 times)

bdoherty09

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
PHP Tag Files
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:21:29 pm »
I am currently in the trial period.  I have used slickedit in the past and loved it.  I was using an old version though.  I had really no problems with tagging files.  However, with the new version (on Ubuntu), I can't get it to work.  The same php file that the old vslick worked on will not work now.  One thing I love about SE is using CTRL . to jump to a subroutine and CTRL , to jump back.  It just tells me that "Tag 'function name' not found'.  I have tried adding my directories with no luck.  Under Tools->Tag Files, under HTML it shows the file I am working on, but it still doesn't work.  I am not sure I understand the tagging that well, so I am looking for some help.  In the old version, I never had to go "tag" every file that I worked on.  It seemed to do it automatically when I opened it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

bdoherty09

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: PHP Tag Files
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:19:42 pm »
Some more info:

I created a small perl script that did really nothing, but called a little sub-routine.  When I was creating the sub and hit the open paren, it popped up a box that said it was building the tag files.  This was the first that I had messed with perl under SE.  Everything worked perfectly and like I remember it.  So, I did the same thing with a php script.  I first deleted the "PHP" Tag File (phpscript.vtg).  When I created the test script, it didn't give me the same pop up box, but it did recreate the phpscript.vtg with a src file of phpscript.tagdoc.  Inside the test script, I can jump to the subroutine with CTRL . and back just fine.  However, inside the PHP file that started this, it still doesn't work.

One more thing I noticed, when it built the PERL tag file, it added a whole list of source files (.pl and .pm) files.  When it created the PHP tag file, it only added the phpscript.tagdoc file to that.  Not sure if that means anything or not.

Please help.  I want to buy SE when my trial is over, but I really like this functionality that I used to have in the older version (on a windows box.  Now I am on Linux).

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: PHP Tag Files
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 01:42:11 pm »
Please contact Product Support about this issue. This kind is often difficult to diagnose through the forums. You get free support during the trial period. The best way to do this is by selecting Help > Contact Product Support from the main menu.