Author Topic: How to close a pane without using the mouse  (Read 2708 times)

TheHumbleOne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
How to close a pane without using the mouse
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
I like to use SlickEdit's full screen mode.  When I am in this mode and I want to open another file, I hit Ctrl+O and it opens the file open pane on the left side of the screen.  Once I select the file that I want to open, this newly opened  pane stays there -- spoiling my full screen mode.  How do I close this pane without using the mouse?  I was not able to find the command that closes the pane.  (There is a command to open this pane; it's called gui-open.)  There ought to be a way to close this pane with a user-configurable key binding.

I appreciate any help that you can extend to this newbie.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: How to close a pane without using the mouse
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
The command "toggle-open" works for me.  This also works to open the Open Tool Window when it is not visible.  You could bind Ctrl + O to toggle-open and then use it to open and close the panel as you need it.  To bind a command to a keybinding, go to Tools > Options > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings.

Hope that helps!

TheHumbleOne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: How to close a pane without using the mouse
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
Sandra, thank you!

Your solution works beautifully.  This issue was a small annoyance, but now it has been removed.  I wish other software programs on my desktop were so configurable!