Author Topic: Issues with Mylyn/Foglyn  (Read 6817 times)

Jonathan

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Issues with Mylyn/Foglyn
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »
In the interest of integrating our SCM and issue tracking systems into a single IDE I've been evaluating the combination of Eclipse CDT, SlickEdit Core, Perforce's p4eclipse eclipse plugin and a 3rd party eclipse plugin for FogBugz called Foglyn (based on Eclipse's Mylyn). When SlickEdit Core is installed I run into a problem when opening Foglyn tasks. Occasionally tasks open fine but more often than not I just get a blank document rather than the task I'm trying to view. My guess is that it might have something to do with file associations. I realise my problem could be fairly obscure but I'm just wondering if anyone know of any issues using Mylyn when SlickEdit Core is installed or any possible work arounds.

My setup:
Windows XP
Eclipse Helios CDT
SlickEdit Core v3.6.1
Foglyn v1.6.2

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Issues with Mylyn/Foglyn
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 03:31:58 PM »
Greetings,

I am unfamiliar with Foglyn, but when I have some time I will install the trial and see if I can see the problem, and hopefully get it fixed.  What is probably happening is that SlickEdit isn't finding the location of the task to open because the Foglyn plugin has their own, non-standard way of defining the location of these tasks within the workspace.

- Ryan

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
Oh...I think I know what the problem is.  There is an option that is on by default which forces all extensionless files to open up in the SlickEdit Editor.  This is very useful for people working with extensionless header files and the like, because there is no way to assign the default editor for an extensionless file in Eclipse with the normal file association mechanism.  If you turn this option off, this will prevent the tasks from attempting to open up in the SlickEdit Editor, and the normal Task editor should be used.

The option is at Window > SlickEdit Preferences > File Options > Load > Open extensionless files with SlickEdit.  Please let me know if this solves the problem.

- Ryan

Jonathan

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »
Ryan you are the man! I was just writing a long winded reply when I saw your message. That did the trick. Thanks a million :)

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
Cool...glad I could help.