Author Topic: Can't undo after saving  (Read 7108 times)

shreyas

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Can't undo after saving
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
Hi all,

I am unable to undo changes to a file after saving. SlickEdit Core simply undoes the last cursor movement and jumps to the top of the file. If I try to undo again, I get a 'nothing to undo' notification.

However if I undo changes before saving a file, it works fine.

I am using SlickEdit Core v3.6.1 with Eclipse Helios CDT on Windows XP SP3. My SlickEdit 'File Options -> Load' settings are -

Use undo - True
Max undo steps - 5000
Save/restore file position - True
Max Files - 200

I'd appreciate any help in this regard.

Cheers,
Shreyas
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:26:11 PM by Ryan »

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Can't undo after saving
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
Hi Shreyas,

We are having some trouble reproducing the behavior you are seeing...do you think you could post steps describing what you are doing and what you are seeing (keypresses, how you are opening the file, how you are saving the file, etc.) ?  Feel free to post screenshots if you want, too.

To test this I opened a CPP file which is local and in my workspace by double clicking on the file in the Project Explorer.  I then entered a new line and typed some characters and hit save (Ctrl + S).  I then used undo (Ctrl + Z) to undo all the changes I made since opening the file, and the modifications were undone.

- Ryan

shreyas

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:54:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply Ryan.

I un-installed and re-installed the SlickEdit Core plug-in and everything's hunky dory now :) My guess is the configuration got corrupted somehow (possibly when I force-killed Eclipse).

- Shreyas.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:50:23 AM »
I could see the undo stack getting corrupted...but I would think just a restart of Eclipse would fix that.  Or at worst, a restart of Eclipse with a clean SlickEdit configuration.  But I'm glad it's working for you.

- Ryan