Author Topic: Is DiffZilla more buggy than it used to be?  (Read 1743 times)

banslow

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Is DiffZilla more buggy than it used to be?
« on: January 14, 2011, 04:54:02 pm »
I have recently upgraded from a much older SlickEdit version to SlickEdit 15.0.1.3.

Now I run DiffZilla a lot, and thought that the older version was much better than WinDiff.

However, running the new one gives me lots of line mismatches that are not really there.

Sometimes hitting Block>> or Line>> not only moves the line(s) I wanted, but also unexpectedly suddenly red-hilites a line two or three below those moved lines, for no good reason.

Sometimes, for identical lines, it matches the line on the left with "Imaginary line" on the right, then matches the identical value on the right with a line on the left where the only common character is a close bracket.

So, now I have to double check every line, first to see if it is really different, and then if it really was to see what was different.

Maybe there will be an update soon...

Bryan.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Is DiffZilla more buggy than it used to be?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »
One new feature in DIFFzilla is Source Diff, which compares the files while ignoring line breaks. If you think you are getting incorrect results, turn that off and try again. There's a button on the DIFFzilla dialog that controls that and an option on the Options tab.

We would appreciate any samples you can post or send us where the results are incorrect. If you got a different result on an earlier version, please let us know that too so we can try that and see what's changed.

Thanks!