Author Topic: Plugin 3.6.1 not tagging RDz workspace  (Read 5395 times)

DaveyC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
Plugin 3.6.1 not tagging RDz workspace
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:43:59 pm »
Since I've installed the new plugin in RDz it's no longer tagging the workspace correctly. RDz maps mainframe files to the local file system.

C:\Documents and Settings\davcra01\RDz\GPL130-SPE\RemoteSystemsTempFiles\FttRemoteTempFiles\FTS1\GPL130\GPL130.WORK.CPP

GPL130-SPE is the workspace name the rest is where RDz keeps the local files that mirror the mainframe files.

Has anything changed because this worked fine before?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Plugin 3.6.1 not tagging RDz workspace
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:03:42 pm »
We disabled tagging for the RDz "RemoteSystemTempFiles" directory because we were tagging duplicate copies of files, both in that directory and other places.  Duplicate symbol definitions were populating the workspace tag files.  But apparently, you are saying that some (all?) of these mainframe files are only mapped to be under this directory on the local drive?  This is different from what was being reported to us...working within "other" Eclipse-based products is always challenging...sorry for the trouble.

At any rate, attached is a hotfixed version of maketags.e and maketags.ex.  Backup the existing copies you have of these files at ECLIPSEDIR/plugins/com.slickedit.windows.libs_3.6.1/slickedit/macros/, and save the attached versions to this same directory.  Now go to Tools > Retag Workspace.  Everything should be tagged...let me know.  This isn't really a general purpose hotfix, because I'd still like to know more about what is going on...but it should prevent any workspace directories from being excluded from tagging.

If you feel like elaborating more on how your RDz workspace is set up to work with the remote mainframe files and local directories, that would be much appreciated as well.

- Ryan

DaveyC

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »
That worked a treat, thank you! z/OS has 2 kinds of file system, traditional data sets and UNIX file systems which are similar to VMWare disks.
AFAIK both types of projects (files systems) are always mapped to RemoteSystemsTempFiles. It may be the case that there is a configuration thats
different. I can see a project folder that supports that theory but I've never seen it populated.

C:\Documents and Settings\davcra01\RDz\GPL130-SPE\wdz_proj_GPL130_UI\remote_files

DaveyC

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »
I'm interested to hear what was reported to you. Can you send me the details and I may be able to shed some light on this issue.
A lot of our guys are just about to upgrade to the new plugin and I don't really want to have to manually modify the installation. Is there
a better way, like a environment variable or something to switch behaviour?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 06:52:19 pm »
I PM'd you...we can talk about it on that thread.

- Ryan