Author Topic: GNU GCC/G++: how do I setup MinGW32 in Slickedit?  (Read 6525 times)

mjdl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 18
  • SE Pro 2023 v28.0.2.0 64-bit Qt5 Win 11 23H2
GNU GCC/G++: how do I setup MinGW32 in Slickedit?
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »
Hello,
just starting to use MinGW32, the Windows 32bit version of GNU GCC/G++.

Using the Slickedit GNU GCC Project Wizard, I set up a "HelloWorld" makefile project workspace and added the MinGW32 executable directories in the work-space PATH environment variable, i.e. set PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin;%PATH%

It worked. As I hadn't specified INCLUDE directories, executing g++ -v -c HelloWorld.cpp showed these were being searched:

#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include/c++
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include/c++/mingw32
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include/c++/backward
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../include
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include-fixed
End of search list.

Normalized, these are:

c:\mingw\lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include/c++
 c:\mingw\lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include/c++/mingw32
 c:\mingw\lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include/c++/backward
 c:\mingw\include
 c:\mingw\lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include
 c:\mingw\lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/include-fixed

Should I include the 'mingw32' 'backward' and 'include-fixed' in the auto-tagging list for the 'GCC-4.5.0-mingw32' C/C++ compiler configuration that Slickedit automatically added to the C/C++ compiler types in the auto-tagging dialog? When identically named  types are defined in multiple include files, which file 'wins' in Slickedit's auto-tagging? Or will there be multiple definitions present in the tag file and offered as completions? I really only want completions from 1 definition.

Once I have sorted this matter out, I suppose the best thing to do is to copy the GNU project type template to a new 'MinGW32' template in the 'Customize Projects' dialog, and then edit the work-space environment options to include the particular MinGW executable paths I need to be set on every such work-space.

What do I do about GDB? The Slickedit version is 7.1, the MinGW is 7.2, both have mingw32 in the version type: is there anything special about the Slickedit version?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:00:41 PM by mjdl »