Author Topic: Can you change collapsed tool window text colors?  (Read 2608 times)

skywise

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
Can you change collapsed tool window text colors?
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:36:17 pm »
I posted this before and I thought I'd try one more time with a better example-   ;D  (I would've replied to it but the forum software implied I'd be better off just posting a new topic due to the age of the old one)

Is there a way to change the text color of the tool window text colors when docked & collapsed/hidden on the side bar (IE Symbols, Backup History, etc - See red circles on attached).  I'm running on Windows XP and can't seem to find a color of font setting that manipulates this text.

Is this font/color setting configurable at all?

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
Re: Can you change collapsed tool window text colors?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »
Do you really work with a 640 x400 display?  Or do you really work in a 640 x 400 window?  Put up a full size screen cap, please, so I, at least, can see those items you are trying to highlight.  Save it as a PNG, Paint has been able to do that for a long time.  You might also paste the Help->About text.

skywise

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »
Sorry, I misread the attachment minimum as 51200 BYTES and was trying to get the screenshot to fit into that-

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 47
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:06:49 pm »
There is currently no configurable color for dock channel tab text. Currently it is hardcoded for 3d dark shadow color on Windows. You can change it by hacking your copy of macros/dockchannel.e:

Around line 432:
      // Change to red
      picWid.p_forecolor = _rgb(255,0,0);

I will submit a feature request for a configurable color.

--rodney

skywise

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:17:55 am »
That got it, thank you.