Author Topic: SlickEdit 15 Linux: interacting with GDB during debugging session  (Read 2960 times)

Odyssey

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hi, guys!

I wonder whether there is an ability to execute GDB commands during C++ debug session? For instance, I would like to get the list of dependence modules loaded for my program. And, details, like, where is each module from (file path), whether debug symbols are found for a module. Like MS Visual Studio shows:

'TestCppPrj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Work\TestCppPrj\Debug\TestCppPrj.exe', Symbols loaded.
'TestCppPrj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestCppPrj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestCppPrj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestCppPrj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.

Ulenspiegel

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: SlickEdit 15 Linux: interacting with GDB during debugging session
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 02:18:50 pm »
Odyssey>I wonder whether there is an ability to execute GDB commands
Yes, you can :)
You can issue debug-send-command <debugger-command> in SE "border command line".
Result (and all intermediate output of a command) will be displayed in modal window
Odyssey>I would like to get the list of dependence modules loaded for my program
Let SE log it's interaction with debugger into file (set macro var def_debug_logging to 1).
You will get vs.log in your configuration dir (~/.slickedit) with some kind of
GDB handle_event: time=189590000 event==library-loaded,id="/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4",target-name="/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4",host-name="/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4",symbols-loaded="0"