Author Topic: tab completion in the build pane  (Read 8346 times)

_venturax_

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
tab completion in the build pane
« on: November 17, 2006, 07:37:15 AM »
Hey,

I really like to use the build pane, but it is a bit annoying, since tab completion is not enabled, like in a normal CMD in ex. WinXP.

How do i enable tab completion? i have tried resetting CompletionChar in RegEdit, but that does not make SE inherit this feature. Is the CMD in buildpane a SE made version or does it use the Windows CMD (i guess not since the completion is not working ::))...

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: tab completion in the build pane
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:41:48 AM »
Assuming you're running v11.02 it's working.
Maybe you've to add a 'process' file extension setup.
I can't remember if I added it later on or if it's default :(
I only know that I changed some config items there...

However see my attached config and a sample completion.

HS2

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:29:58 PM »

As hs2 showed, slickedit auto-completion fires up when you press the tab key in the process buffer and I don't think you can disable it.  You can see with list-keydefs, the bindings for particular keys in the process buffer.  I don't think there's any way to get the tab key to revert to "Win XP completion processing" i.e. to pass the key to the OS shell.

defeventtab process_keys
def  'ENTER'= process_enter
def  'TAB'= process_tab
def  'BACKSPACE'= process_rubout
def  'HOME'= process_begin_line
def  'UP'= process_up
def  'DOWN'= process_down
def  'LBUTTON-DOUBLE-CLICK'= cursor_error

Graeme

_venturax_

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:40:30 AM »
Assuming you're running v11.02 it's working.

I completely forgot to add that information. My version is 9.0.4. Tried to talk to the IT administrator to buy the upgrade to 11, but so far no luck. (To the question: "Does 9.0.4 not enable you to write any code at all?", my answer had to be: "Yes". Then he replied: "So keep coding" ;))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:52:00 AM by _venturax_ »

Graeme

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »

I just tried 9.0.4.  Pressing the tab key brings up a dialog box "select a command parameter" with names that match the prefix already typed.  You don't get that?

Graeme

_venturax_

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »

I just tried 9.0.4.  Pressing the tab key brings up a dialog box "select a command parameter" with names that match the prefix already typed.  You don't get that?

I tried to reinstall, still no love. Then i deleted my slickedit config which survived the reinstall and then it started working. Reanbled my personal setting by making them again (no copying of slickedit config) and now it seems to work.

Since no trees grow into heaven i have this add-on question:
When i get the "Select  a Command Parameter" box i can only select directories. Would it be possible, to be able to select et. a .BAT file (which I use for building my code) and/or a .sh file for our unix server?

Graeme

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »

Well, unfortunately now that you've got it working it's probably not what you want anyway  :)

On my system, pressing tab gives me a list of "executable" type files that seem to come from a slick command path_search, not just the current directory as you would get on Win XP "dos box" cmd.exe thing.

The fact that you're getting directories only might be a bug - in process_tab it calls maybe_list_matches with a prefix of "dir:" or "f:" for directories or files, but maybe_list_matches ignores this prefix as far as I can see.

Graeme