Author Topic: Failed to save configuration to ~/.slickedit/11.0.2/vslick.stu  (Read 7059 times)

NightStorm

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Failed to save configuration to ~/.slickedit/11.0.2/vslick.stu
« on: November 17, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »
I'm suddenly getting this message (under FC3 linux) every time I exit from VS.

In the past I've always gotten it when a second vs instance was started (via the "+new" switch) and in the past I was always able to just say "Yes" when I got the next "Unable to save the configuration .. Do you want to exit anyway" dialog.  The first instance would then exit ok.

However now I get this message for each and every instance that is run.  And the vslick.stu file does not exist (and btw even if I make one using "touch" vs will still fail).

On that subject .. is there a bug with using +new under linux?  Perhaps some file contention problem?

TIA,

- Bruce

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Failed to save configuration to ~/.slickedit/11.0.2/vslick.stu
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »

Well, since no-one else answered this...

Did you solve this yet?  If not, did you know about the -sc some_folder switch on the command line that invokes slickedit -  you can use it to specify a different configuration directory.  Look up "invoking" in the help.  Maybe something's gone wrong with the permissions in the config folder you're using.  If slick succeds in creating a vslick.stu file in a different folder, you could copy over all the files from your current config folder into the new one (except for any vslick.stu file).  With vunxdefs.e, you'll need to explicitly load it - type the name (including full path) on the slick command line and press return.  You can use the environment variable VSLICKCONFIG to switch the config folder too.  If you end up using a non default config directory, you need to take care when installing an upgrade.

Apart from vslick.stu, does slick succeed in writing any files to your config folder  e.g. vrestore.slk or something.

Graeme

deepv

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »
I faced this problem in 16.0.2
I checked vslick.stu - it was not locked by another process, and had my permissions.
I solved the problem by renaming it to another name, and restarted SE.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 06:47:11 PM »
have you tried running "ps -e|grep vs" to see if another SlickEdit is running?