Author Topic: Limiting scope of reference search  (Read 5017 times)

afflictedd2

Limiting scope of reference search
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

It seems like when I search references of a variable with Ctrl + "/", it is searching in a bunch of files that are not in the project. I presume that it searches files that are tagged. How can I tell slickedit to only search for references in files within the project, or in buffers I have open?

Ted.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: Limiting scope of reference search
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »
References searches currently cover all projects in your workspace.  We have considered adding an option to search only with the current project, but it is very normal for a symbol to be referenced outside it's project.  I guess the option would have to be easy to turn on and off.

jessewilli

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 07:35:14 AM »
Hi everyone,

How can I tell slickedit to only search for references in files within the project, or in buffers I have open?

Ted.

I too would appreciate a feature like that!

how to get rid of blemishes
garlic breath tips
plr
private label rights
how to cure diarrhea
back ache
how to get rid of bronchitis
do it yourself carpet cleaning
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:25:52 AM by jessewilli »

jporkka

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »
Often all that is needed is a way to filter the results, for example, right clicking on one of the result files could give the option to "Set scope to my folder, recursively". This would instantly filter out everything that isn't in a specific folder tree.

Being able to sort the results of references would be really helpful too... sort by filename, or by pathname.

Being able to do the same kinds of filtering with the search results window would also be pretty cool.