Author Topic: Current Line selecting on non registered file type  (Read 6116 times)

mwilkins

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Current Line selecting on non registered file type
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:00:29 AM »
I have a file open, which is a .csv ( can be any non registered file... also tried with a .gcc)

If I select a few characters with a left button mouse select on the current line, I cannot see what I have selected ( it is there but a colour very simalar to the current line selection colour). If I do the same with a .cpp, there is no problem, it will be selected with the colour I have selcted in the

Slickedit Options-> Appearance->Colors->Selcetion->Selection option.

If I carry on the selection to the next line, I can then see the selection on the previous line in the colour I have selected in the option above, but never on the current line.

I am using the Chalkboard 2 scheme, and have changed my Selection colour to bright Pink for now to try and see what is happening. As I said If I try with a C++ file, it uses the correct selection colour in the current line from the corsor position when selection was started

Any ideas? Where can I change the selection colour for  a non registered file type?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:18:02 AM by mwilkins »

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Current Line selecting on non registered file type
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
What if you change the color @ Window > SlickEdit Preferences > Appearance > Colors > Selected Current Line to what you would like the selection to be colored as?  Does that fix the problem?

- Ryan

mwilkins

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »
Yes thats the one thanks... the background colour. Now Why couldn't I find that?
So why did it work ok for a cpp file?
So what does the other colour.... "Embedded" do BTW?

Thanks in advance

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
TBQH, the Appearance > Colors dialog is a little confusing because of how much functionality it contains.  You are not the first (nor will you be the last) to not be able to find something.

I am honestly not sure why it worked for a C++ file :/.  I'd have to look into it or ask around.

Embedded is the background color for that particular element in embedded code.  Embedded code being like CICS within a COBOL file, for example.  We have a separate color for embedded code regions in our editor.

Happy to help,

Ryan