Author Topic: Find and Replace window does not resize correctly 2011/2010 Mac OSX  (Read 7002 times)

ExtremeXS

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Hey folks,

Any other Mac users having a problem with the Find and Replace dialog sizing the window but that new size not sticking unless you exit the dialog and re-enter it?

On the PC build as you tab through the find/replace modes, the dialog resizes.
On the Mac (OSX 10.6.6), the window frame sizes briefly but always snaps back to the original size.

Entering the dialog via find or find in files has a similar effect if you have just been in the opposing option.  To get say find in files to resize after using find, I have to enter, exit and re-enter the option.  Bit of a workflow killer.  Controls that are 'hidden' under the resized panel are not accessible either so I cant even just press return to use the current options if I am using find in files, but the panel is sized for a regular find.

For me this is happening on the latest v16.0.0.6, and also the same on the most recent version of v15 (and all the previous hotfixes I've installed).

I suspect (but dont know, a cursory glance didn't indicate any obvious access), that the window sizing code is embedded rather than macro based, so I can't try and alter it directly.

+1 for a native mac build, it's time!

Cheers,
Mark

rajkej

• Hero Points: 14
This is a known issue that has been in the "being researched" state for quite a while now. I filed a bug on it and also posted on this forum about it but couldn't find it in my searches this morning. Really annoying and only started happening with one of the X11 updates somewhere along the line.

ExtremeXS

Thanks for the feedback.

I searched around and didn't notice any similar topics, which as you say is odd, esp as you've posted about this before.

Looks like X11 in recent times has caused a number of issues.  Took quite a while and the help of other posts to get Fonts working well enough to use.  The long answer of course is to make it native (maybe if I keep asking they will plan the work required for it!)....

Would be nice to find a short term solution, t'is a PITA.  I'm sure it's no fun for anyone else experiencing this issue either.

Cheers,
Mark

rajkej

If you have support with your version, I'd suggest you file a bug on the window size issue so they know there are more of us having problems.

ExtremeXS

Yup I can do that :)

Cheers

ExtremeXS

Found the other thread you where referring too:

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=6584.msg27617#msg27617

rajkej

Thanks. I tried searching for all threads I had posted to but it required me to get a keyword right and I couldn't find the proper keyword I guess. I posted a reply to that topic asking if there was any progress. We'll see what they say.

ExtremeXS

For what it's worth, I only found your previous thread by clicking on your user name in the left column, and selecting 'Show the last posts of this person' in the Additional Information at the bottom of the user profile!

Cheers

ExtremeXS

Re: Find and Replace window does not resize correctly 2011/2010 Mac OSX
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:47 AM »
This issue is still present in SlickEdit 16.0.1, the proposed fix has not resolved this issue.

Mac OSX (10.6.8)

ExtremeXS

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »
Still present in 16.0.2 also, Mac OSX 10.6.8.

ExtremeXS

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »
Ok I've made a workaround for the window resizing issue as it's not looking like it will be addressed in the X11 build, which whilst I understand does not exactly make my day to day workflow very pleasent.

I've not seen the full implications of these macro changes yet, but it removes the find/find files/replace/replace files window size changes which cause all the issues in the first place.

You need to edit 2 slickedit macros (this is for V16.0.1 with latest hotfix):

dlgman.e
----------

In the function "_dmmore()", add as the first line
  return;

In the function "_dmless()", add as the first line
  return;

tbfind.e
--------

In the function "_resize_frame_heights()", near the end of the function just before the #if __UNIX__ should be the line
     p_active_form.p_height = border_height + h + 90;

Comment this out.

Reload both the macro files, and for me at least with a large sized find/replace dialog it no longer tries and fails to resize on opening or on changing tabs.

Again as I mention I have no idea what side effects there may be, but I will report back if I have to remove these adjustments.  Roll on 2012!