Author Topic: please change default behavior of Incremental Search  (Read 2327 times)

MichaelHLutz

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
please change default behavior of Incremental Search
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:36:38 pm »
Hi VS team,

if this is easy .... by any chance would you enhance Incremental Search so that the highlighting remains during scrolling?

Specifically if I run Ctrl+i VS very nicely highlights the matches on-screen because I have "Incremental search highlighting" set to True.  However as soon as a click on the scroll bar to scroll up or down in the window ... the highlighting immediately disappears!  I saw a post with a macro to fix this, but is there any chance you could fix this in model behavior?  I'm having trouble thinking of a scenario where someone would want the highlight to immediately disappear when just scrolling up or down w/the mouse.  I could understand if they used up or down arrows possibly to more the cursor, but for just scrolling up or down with mouse wouldn't the user always want the highlight to remain?

Thanks VS team!
Mike

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: please change default behavior of Incremental Search
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:54:46 pm »
That's a good suggestion. I'll file a CR for it. I'm not sure we'll make it the default behavior, but it would be nice to have that as an option.