Author Topic: Disabling Syntax Expansion for Slick-C  (Read 2099 times)

myk

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Disabling Syntax Expansion for Slick-C
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:25:33 pm »
I generally have all auto-complete and syntax expansions turned off for all languages, but find that these features sometimes activate anyway.  Slick-C is particularly persistent with this: I have disabled Syntax Expansion but typing "else<space>" still auto-inserts the "if ()" (and the Syntax Expansion notification pops up).

Is there any way to get SlickEdit to honour the setting?  I've just upgraded to v16 (note that the problem occurred with v15 as well).

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: Disabling Syntax Expansion for Slick-C
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:27:46 pm »
There are a bunch of different automatic completion features with slightly different purposes and names.  ScottW has indicated in the past (e.g. here and another more descriptive place that I can't find at the moment) that the SlickEdit team is looking at merging them together more intuitively.

In the meantime, it sounds like maybe one of the related settings might still be active for one or more languages.

Under "Your Language > Auto-Complete" in the Options dialog:
- "Enable auto-completion"
- "Syntax expansion"
- "Keywords"
- "Alias expansion"
- "Symbols"
- "Word completion"
- "Argument completion"

Under "Your Language > Context Tagging" in the Options dialog:
- "Auto-list members"
- "Completion on space"
- "Auto-list compatible values"

Each of those controls some completion behavior, so try making sure all of those are off, maybe that will help.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:48:38 pm »
Actually, I was able to reproduce this one, so it is a bug and not a case of mistaken feature identity.  I'm going to update the hot fix with a fix for this issue.  I'll let you know when it's available.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 07:19:06 pm »
And now it's updated!  You can get your latest hot fix here:  http://www.slickedit.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=293.