Author Topic: Using a filter in the buffers window causes items to disappear  (Read 4388 times)

wyckster

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
When I enter a filter in the buffers window, many file names will disappear from the list, leaving a vertical gap, where there's a placeholder for a list item, but there's no text, icon, or vertical divider rendered. You can still mouse-over them and the tooltip appears, and if you use the up/down arrow keys, then as the cursor passes over the gap where the missing item should be, it turns into a real item and renders correctly again.  Until you click an item again, then random items disappear again.

It's too bad there's a bug because otherwise the filter is a very useful feature of the buffers window.

I'm using SlickEdit Version 15.0.1.3 on Ubuntu.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Using a filter in the buffers window causes items to disappear
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »
Can you provide a screen shot? That would help us to figure out what's going on here. In my quick tests, everything seems to be working just fine.

wyckster

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:54:02 PM »
Here's the bad version with a gap.  Usually happens after double-clicking on an item in the list.

Here's a screenshot demonstrating that hovering over it with the mouse reveals the item is actually there.  Notice that the icon is missing.

Here's what it's supposed to look like.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:22 AM »
Maybe this is a variation of the repaint problem which I suspect didn't get fixed

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=6997.0

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
This is a bug in the tree control we haven't been able to reproduce such that we can use it for debugging. The good news is that next year we expect to have a new implementation for the tree control so the odds of this bug still hanging around are 0.

wyckster

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
Curious.  Well, like I said, it only happens when there is a filter.  If I view the unfiltered list, I never see a painting problem.  Also, the painting problem usually (not always) occurs immediately after double-clicking an item in the list.

Thanks for looking into it.  I guess I'll have to look forward to a new tree control!