Author Topic: native OSX version?  (Read 3493 times)

madmuggle

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
native OSX version?
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:16:10 pm »
Someone at slickedit (near the beginning of the year) told me there would probably be a native OSX version near the end of the year.

Is this still true?  I'm dying to get my hands on a native version. :)

j0hnw

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: native OSX version?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 07:58:29 pm »

I too would love a native OS X version. Using the X11 version is a serious pain (which got worse with the hotfixes). Earlier in the year, when I started using the X11 version on the Mac -- and begging for an OS X version -- I too was told that a native version was under consideration. However, I was not given any sort of timeframe.

I certainly wouldn't expect a release before the next major release of Slickedit (ie. v12). Generally, these major revision releases come in late Q1 or so(if I remember correctly). And, sadly, I'm not expecting an OS X version this next "go-round". I'm just not sure the numbers are there to justify the business decision to invest in a native OS X version. Until OS X makes up more than a single digit percentage of development systems (and Slickedit users), compared to Windows and Linux, I'm not going to hold my breath for a native version.

Feeling your pain,
    John

marcusportmann

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:32:37 am »
I have searched everywhere for an editor that provides decent completion when using Qt4. I am currently using Eclipse with the CDT since it is the only thing that actually works. XCode is a non-starter for Qt development. Given the lack of decent development environments for OSX, I am suprised that a native version of SlickEdit does not exist. The fact that people even use the X11 version on OSX shows how desperate people are for a product in this space.

lclevesy

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »
Thank you for your interest in SlickEdit offering a native Mac version. We are excited to announce that native Mac support will be offered in 2012. View the announcement here: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=7110.0.