Author Topic: C++ Color Inactive Code Does Not Seem To Be Working  (Read 2272 times)

lwb78750

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
  • Senior Software Engineer, C++, Qt, C, etc...
C++ Color Inactive Code Does Not Seem To Be Working
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »
For C++ at least, the Color Inactive Code setting do not seem to be working in v16.0.2.0 64-bit.  I have the checkbox checked and the colors defined, but I get no response when I use (for example) #if 0 / #endif around a block of code.  Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 263
Re: C++ Color Inactive Code Does Not Seem To Be Working
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »
Go to Document > C/C++ Options... > Color Coding > Language, and verify that the last check box "Color inactive code regions..." is turned on.

It should be on in a default configuration, but maybe you have a modified C++ lexer which disabled that option.

You might also want to look at your Color Coding options and verify that the color you have configured for inactive code is distinct enough that you can actually tell that the code is being highlighted.  With the default color scheme, it is a gray color that looks pretty clearly disabled.

lwb78750

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »
It IS already turned on.

Yes, I have a distinct color.

Thanks...

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 263
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:10:51 pm »
OK.  Good.  Give it a try with a default configuration.  "vs +new -sc c:\temp\defaultConfig42\"

You might want to also look at the Document menu and verify that the file you are testing in was recognized as C/C++ or ANSI-C.

The inactive code region highlighting could also be broken if you removed the Preprocessor tokens from your Color Coding setup.  You might want to rename user.vlx in your configuration directory and restart the editor and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, post back with a small code sample.

lwb78750

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:41 pm »
Hmmm... The default configuration DOES color code.

My doc is recognized as C/C++.

I have all the Preprocessor tokens in my Color Coding setup.

There must be something else in my config that has gone awry.  Do you have any other ideas?

lwb78750

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 06:12:20 pm »
I'm still having a problem with this.  Is there one of the config files that I can let someone look at to see if there is a conflict or problem?

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
It's easy to mistake this forum for official tech support, especially when this is where the Beta support is.  This forum is primarily user-user, so if you haven't done so already, open a support ticket.  Help->Contact Product Support will open a browser with some of the info you need already in place.