Author Topic: Feature Change Request: Tabs do not remain ordered by access when using back  (Read 966 times)

ericwhite100

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I navigate with the back and forward buttons more than any others.  When you use these, the tabs do not remain ordered by last accessed.  This is highly annoying and I spend a significant amount of time poking around looking for a file that I was just at.  It seems to work OK if you just click tabs, but even that seems to loose its memory at times.  Maybe this is when you mix the back button with it.  I beg you to consider adding the ability to order tabs by last access no matter how I navigate.  This will make SE significantly better for me.

ericwhite100

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
UPDATE: FYI, I do have my settings set to "last used".  Also, note that it seems to completely randomize the tabs when using back.  I am looking at it now and most of the tabs on the screen are files have not accessed in weeks.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 35
Just to make sure I understand what you mean here - you have your the file tab sort order set to "Most recently viewed."  You use the forward and back buttons to navigate between files, but the file tab sort order doesn't seem to be working with these buttons.

Do you mean the buttons on the standard toolbar?  I've attached a screenshot - are those the buttons you mean?

Also, could you please paste your Help > About info in your response?