Author Topic: Docking Build window on Linux SE15  (Read 6697 times)

jws

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: -1
Docking Build window on Linux SE15
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:48:32 AM »
I searched the forum and found a number of requests for help with this, and have tried all before, tried them again, no luck.

I have undocked the Build window from the right side.  I'm on Gnome / Ubuntu 10.10 with SE and am not able to find anything in the View->Toolbars or View->Tool Windows that touches the window. 

I have grabbed the window by the left side grab bar and have flown it everywhere anyone has suggested, and a few others, all sides, top bottom, and never get any action to drop the thing.  I saw that the toolbar on the window does not have any effect, which seems to be a Unix / Linux thing.  No way to do any of those suggestions.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?  It was simple to grab it and tear it loose, seems to be a big PITA to put windows back in a dock.

Also I tried right clicks everywhere I cound try and had no joy with that.

I can turn it on and off with View->Tool Windows->Build, but saw no option buttons there to change docking.

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: Docking Build window on Linux SE15
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
Try Tools|Options>Appearance>Tool Windows>Tool Windows>Build, and make sure "Allow docking" is checked.  (Or you can right-click the Build toolbar's title bar and make sure "Dockable" is checked).

buggyfunbunny

• Hero Points: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
I had, may be, the same issue.  An issue with docking, anyway:

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,6621.msg27773.html#msg27773

jws

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
Try Tools|Options>Appearance>Tool Windows>Tool Windows>Build, and make sure "Allow docking" is checked.  (Or you can right-click the Build toolbar's title bar and make sure "Dockable" is checked).

I do not have "Build" in this window.  I'm not sure why it is missing, or if it isn't a "Tool Window"

jws

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
I had, may be, the same issue.  An issue with docking, anyway:

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,6621.msg27773.html#msg27773

I found the following in that topic:

"Instead you should click in a dead/non-client/gray area to get the context menu. Failing that, you can always set it from View>Tool Windows>Customize."

I tried the Build window with it clear and don't get a menu with "Dockable" in it.

I tried in a grey area of the "File Tabs" area at the bottom of the screen when it was on, and it included "Dockable".

If I right click the side bar grey area of the window, I get a list of the docked windows there, but no other info (Projects, Defs, Symbols, Open, etc.) 

buggyfunbunny

• Hero Points: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
Fact is, I don't remember what I did if what I did differs from the advice given.  :'(

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
I do not know what the problem is exactly. It sounds like the Dockable flag got turned off. Since you see to be having trouble even modifying things from View>Tool Windows>Customize, why not just reset your toolbar layout:

From the SlickEdit commandline:
tbresetall

--rodney++

jws

• Community Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »
tbresetall seems to have done the trick.

thanks
Jim

LBCEi

• Hero Points: 21
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 01:39:14 AM »
Yes, that seems to be one of the 'magic' commands, along with Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F2 for when things seem to get really messed up.

Thank goodness for this forum or I would never have known about either of them.

MgFrobozz

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:28 PM »
I'm having the same issue (unable to redock build window) in linux SlickEdit 2011 (v16.0.0.6 64-bit). I issued 'tbresetall', which eliminated all of the windows except the text window. I re-enabled them one by one and redocked them. However, although I was able to re-enable the build window, it still won't dock.

I hate to blow away my entire configuration and start over again. Can someone provide a hint about where the non-dockability of the build window is stored, so I can change it? For some reason, the build windows does not appear in "Tools/Options/Appearance/Tool Windows".