Author Topic: SE hangs/freezes on every open/save file dialog if workspace is active  (Read 1712 times)

meikor

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
My SE (V16.0.1, Win7 64BIT) hangs on every open/save file dialog if a workspace is active on startup (even if the workspace is closed then). Waiting several minutes => no response. CPU load is 0.

If I set the application option "Auto restore workspace" to false, after a restart of SE everything works fine for the session (even if I manually load a workspace). But with this option enabled (what I'd prefer), you're not able to open/save files, add tag files, etc.

Thanks for your help,
meikor

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: SE hangs/freezes on every open/save file dialog if workspace is active
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:24:41 pm »
We haven't been able to replicate this issue. But there are a few steps you can try.
1. Open up a one of the SlickEdit sample workspaces, which are all pretty small. (Project > All Workspaces > Sample Workspaces menu item) Turn the autorestore back on, then exit and restart.
2. You may need to delete your vrestore.slk file, which is located in the root of your configuration directory. (Do this when the editor is not running)

meikor

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:02:25 am »
Thank you for your reply!

We tried the steps you proposed with no luck => nothing changed. But while doing this we (accidently) identified our SCC provider as the source of trouble: We use SourceGear Vault VS2003 Compatible Client. Version is 5.0.3.18802. If we uncheck the SCC providers checkbox at SE's Version Control Setup, the file dialogs show up fine after restarting SE with "Auto restore workspace" switched on.

It seems that we have to decide between auto restored workspace or initialized SCC provider at startup. Are you able to further investigate or is it up to SourceGear now?

Thanks,
meikor

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 81
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:13 pm »
Can you PM me an email address so we can discuss this?  I think the issue may be that we are querying your system for the file statuses in order to display them on the Projects tool window, and the system is too slow for this.