Author Topic: Another Path and vsbuild Problem  (Read 3417 times)

re-G

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Another Path and vsbuild Problem
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »
Hi @ all.

I'm using SlickEdit 2011 (v16.0.2.0 64-bit).
I used to build my projects with the IAR-Compiler and everything worked fine.
Now we updated the IAR-Toolchain, and that's why the path to the compiler has changed.
I set the Path to the new compiler version in the Workspace and the Project properties, but vsbuild always tries to start the old version of the compiler.  Here's the output:
Code: [Select]
vsbuild: iarbuild ..\proj\hw_access_stm32.ewp -build "Debug ZStE. V2 xC" -log warnings
vsbuild: File not found (iarbuild)
(i tried on a machine on which both Versions of the compiler are installed and vsbuild took the path to the old version. On the machine i tock this screenshort from, only the new version is installed, so vsbuild couldn't find the compiler)

The weird thing is, if i type the line
iarbuild ..\proj\hw_access_stm32.ewp -build "Debug ZStE. V2 xC" -log warnings into the build window manually, everything works fine again :/

and typing "set path" into the build window returns
set path
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench ARM\common\bin;C:\Program Files\SlickEditV16.0.2 x64\win\
which is ok i think.

I would be very thankfull for any help.
re-G
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:20:36 AM by re-G »

re-G

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Another Path and vsbuild Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:20:31 AM »
Hi,
has anyone any idea?
Thanks,
re-G

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Another Path and vsbuild Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:58:50 AM »
Try changing the compiler command line to call a batch file instead of iarbuild and use the batch file to display the current path so you can check the path is what you expect.

Maybe you could replace "iarbuild" with an environment variable that has a fully qualified pathname to iarbuild instead of relying on the path setting.