Author Topic: Problem with Version Control (AccuRev) integration  (Read 5649 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Problem with Version Control (AccuRev) integration
« on: December 01, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »
Hello,

SlickEdit 11.0.2 WinXP sp2.

I am trying to integrate AccuRev as my SCC in SlickEdit. 
Tools->Version Control->Setup.

I select AccuRev, click Open Project.  I fill in my AccuRev workspace and its path, according to what AccuRev reports:
Workspace/ref:  ChopShop_charles
Basis:          ChopShop_sparse
Top:            C:/Work/ChopShop

SlickEdit keeps prompting for a path to a workspace, and I can't convince it the path is correct.
Is there maybe a problem with '\' vs '/' in SlickEdit's communication with AccuRev?  (I have tried typing both 'C:/Work/ChopShop' and 'C:\Work\ChopShop' into the "Open SCC Project" dialog, and still get prompted for the path.)

I'm quite sure this integration worked in earlier versions of SlickEdit.  This might be the first time I have tried it with AccuRev 4.5, though.

Thanks for any advice...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:29:31 PM by Wanderer »

Wanderer

Re: Problem with Version Control (AccuRev) integration
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »
Well, at one point I had this working; I recall that I had to get the workspace and path exactly right on the first try.

Now, however, I get the message:  "Could not load dll: C:\Program Files\AccuRev\bin\SCCAcc.dll"

I have confirmed that the dll exists, and regsvr32 has no trouble loading it.  What might SlickEdit's problem be?

SlickEdit 11.0.2 with patches, WinXP Pro sp 2.

Wanderer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:23 PM »
It appears the loading problem was on AccuRev's side, as it couldn't find a dependant dll.

However, once loaded, I get this stack trace from SlickEdit:
Code: [Select]
Stack trace written to file: C:\DOCUME~1\chbates\LOCALS~1\Temp\vsstack
 Control ctlscc-projname referenced but does not exist
vc.ex 22743 _vc_select_form.ctlscc_open_project.\x{149c}()   p_window_id: 280   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
dlgeditv.ex 7303 show(-modal _vc_select_form,,,,)   p_window_id: 280   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
vc.ex 31423 vcsetup()   p_window_id: 280   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:

Also, are the icons in the Project toolbar supposed to update to reflect the RCS status?

Wanderer

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »
When I try to use the integration, I get this:
 Slick-C STACK TRACE ******************************
 Created on 4/5/2007 at 10:58:34 (360 ms)
 SlickEdit Version 12.0.0.0 Copyright 1988-2007 SlickEdit Inc.
 Edit module and type "st -f <offset>" to get the
 run-time error position

error code=-2073
 This property or method is not allowed on this object

vc.ex 36115 static(1,C:\Work\XYZ\CORE\SRC\XYZmain.cpp,)   p_window_id: 206   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
vc.ex 36251 static(C:\Work\XYZ\CORE\SRC\XYZmain.cpp,)   p_window_id: 206   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
vc.ex 25834 static(35,C:\Work\XYZ\CORE\SRC\XYZmain.cpp)   p_window_id: 206   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
vc.ex 28575 vccheckout(C:\Work\XYZ\CORE\SRC\XYZmain.cpp,)   p_window_id: 35   p_object: OI_TREE_VIEW   p_name: _proj_tooltab_tree