Author Topic: Highlight utilities (sorry, file updated)  (Read 2901 times)

Ding Zhaojie

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 37
Highlight utilities (sorry, file updated)
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:32:36 pm »
Here are two highlight utilities:

(1) Improved word highlighter:
=================================================
Works as "quick-highlight" but...
* quick highlights word in all buffers (like SourceInsight)
* supports multiple highlight colors (Add your favorite color in hl_color_tbl)
* allows un-highlight a single word

Install:
1. load highlight.e
2. Open tbfind.e, import highlight.e and call hl_reset() at the end of clear_highlights() funtion.
3. reload tbfind.e, so you can use clear-highlights command to clear all highlights now (or you can just use my hl-clear command and skip step 2)
4. bind a key or menu item for hl-word command.

Usage:
* run hl-word to highlight the word in all buffers.
* run hl-word again to un-highlight the word.
* run hl-clear or clear-highlights to clear all highlights
* add your favorite colors in hl_color_tbl[]

(2) IDA-like highlighter:
Implemented a "IDA-like" highlighting manner. The idea was borrowed from Hex-Rays IDA Pro: it highlights all occurrences of current word (or selections) automatically (even without double click on it). I like to bind the "ida-like-highlight" command to Ctrl+Shift+H and turn it on while analyzing codes.

Install:
1. load ida_like_highlight.e
2. bind a key or menu item for ida-like-highlight command.

Usage:
* run ida-like-highlight to enable it
* run ida-like-highlight again to disable it

Please note:
* Each time while SE starts, the ida-like-highlight feature will be disabled automatically so it will never bother you
* These two mod could not be used together: the ida-like-highlight will clear all quick highlights while activated.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:20:02 pm by Ding Zhaojie »

Ding Zhaojie

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 37
Re: Highlight utilities
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:02:05 pm »
And I have another USELESS tiny macro here. I'm not sure how many macros could be committed by one user, but I think this macro is very funny and I would like more people to have fun with it ;D. (But if it broke the rule, use the highlight utilities as my submission)

What am I coding:
Your friends can see what you are listening to if your music player supports sending music information to Windows Live Messenger (WLM). But if you let them know what you are coding, that will be COOL!  8)

So I finished a macro and a small console application to let Slickedit send current buffer name to WLM. Your friends can see what you are editing in SE!

Installation:
* Copy "SetMyListeningLite.exe" to your config path (e.g. $My Documents$\My SlickEdit Config\12.0.3)
* Load "what_i_am_coding.e"
* Use command "what-i-am-coding" to toggle this feature.
* have FUN ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:07:11 pm by Ding Zhaojie »

lclevesy

Re: Highlight utilities (sorry, file updated)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:20:36 pm »
Thank you for your submission. It is in the running for the iPad!

We'll count the highlight utilities as your main submission, but will also consider the additional one.

The winner will be announced via our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/slickedit, Twitter page http://www.twitter.com/slickedit, and on this forum under the main SlickEdit October Macros Challenge Rules & How to Enter post http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,7327.0.html on November 7, 2011.

lclevesy

Re: Highlight utilities (sorry, file updated)
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »
We'll be announcing the winner of the iPad 2 on November 7th. Until then, your submission has earned a SlickEdit t-shirt! Email your size and address to marketing@slickedit.com to receive one.