Author Topic: SlickEdit Core v3.7.1 for Eclipse Now Available  (Read 11538 times)

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
SlickEdit Core v3.7.1 for Eclipse Now Available
« on: December 01, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
SlickEdit Inc. announces the release of SlickEdit Core v3.7.1 for Eclipse. This release supports Eclipse 3.4-3.7, and is updated with the latest capabilities from SlickEdit 2011.

If you participated in the beta program for SlickEdit Core v3.7.0, we recommend uninstalling the beta version of SlickEdit Core prior to installing the released version of SlickEdit Core v3.7.1.  You can do this through the Eclipse installation manager, but you should also check the ECLIPSEDIR/plugins and ECLIPSEDIR/features directories to make sure that Eclipse fully removed the beta.

New This Year

Please be sure to read the readme notes at Help > About SlickEdit Core > Release Notes. They contain a list of new features and bug fixes, including the following:
  • 64-bit Version for Windows
  • Improved COBOL and PL/I Support
  • Workspace Tagging Excludes
  • Auto-Reload Performed on a Thread
  • Multithreaded Context Tagging Improvements

Download Instructions

Your existing SlickEdit Core license file will work for this release.  To install SlickEdit Core v3.7.1 (for Eclipse 3.5 and later):

• In Eclipse, select Help > Install New Software and click the Add button.
  • Enter the following URL for the Location: https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore/indigo and click OK.
  • Expand the Code Editing category and mark the check box for SlickEdit Core For Eclipse.
  • Click Next and continue through the wizard to complete the install process.  You will be prompted to restart Eclipse after the installation is finished.

or for Eclipse 3.4:

• In Eclipse, select Help > Software Updates and switch to the Available Software tab.
  • Click Add Site and enter the following URL for the Location: https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore/indigo and click OK.
  • Expand the Code Editing category and mark the check box for SlickEdit Core For Eclipse.
  • Click Install and then continue through the wizard to complete the install process.  You will be prompted to restart Eclipse after the installation is finished.

The download link for the offline installer can be found at: http://www.slickedit.com/trial/slickedit-core , if necessary.

Regards,
The SlickEdit Team

mattcole

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: SlickEdit Core v3.7.1 for Eclipse Now Available
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:45:54 PM »
Is there an ETA on the 64-bit plugin for Linux?

thanks,
Matt

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »
We definitely still want to add this platform, so hopefully in a future release this will be added.  Since we just released 3.7.1...I can't comment yet on our plans for our next major or minor release...but it is a high priority for us.

Thanks,

Ryan

mwilkins

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:24:29 AM »
Is there anywhere to report bugs? I have found one already, all be it not important ( just reports the wrong path) reports the older com.slickedit.windows.lib_3.6.1\slickedit\macros directory ( which does not exist on my system!) even though it is looking in the com.slickedit.windows.lib_3.7.1\slickedit\macros directory see attached jpg

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:13:45 AM »
Seems like it's throwing an error compiling and older macro file you have.  I'll talk to another developer and see what the problem is when this type of thing arises.  I'll get back to you.

Feel free to report issues here or by directly submitting them to tech support at: http://www.slickedit.com/index.php?option=com_user&view=login&return=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zbGlja2VkaXQuY29tL3N1cHBvcnQvb3BlbmNhc2U= .  Either way, it will probably find itself to me very quickly.

Thanks for the report.

- Ryan

brent

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »
So..  I jumped the gun and dowloaded the trial for Eclipse on a 64 bit linux.. and it doesn't run.
( It is very clear in the system requirements that 32 bit linux is required.. I just didn't read it as
I was excited to try it out.. )
But.. now I can't run eclipse at all, it just dies at start up.
How can I easily remove the SE trial without reinstalling eclipse?
Thanks.

brent

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
Ok.. found the answer in this forum.. my apologies for not looking harder first
remove the com.slickedit* files in your eclipse directory (mine is in my home directory.. )

rm -rf .../eclipse/features/com.slickedit*
rm -rf .../eclipse/plugins/com.slickedit*